Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Looking for help regarding our car. Long story short we had our nearside headlight blow out last week. No problem i thought so i bought a new pair of bulbs. We always change headlight bulbs in pairs.

Nearside changed fine. All worked well. Now, the offiside was a different matter. The light worked no problem to begin with. When i went to change the bulb i noticed that the bulb holder had corroded so bad it had basically rusted the bulb in. i had to remove the bulb from the holder with some force, however the bulb came out. Now, replaced the bulb with the new one and nothing.

Ok so i thought the holder was past saving so i managed to get a replacement holder. Took off the old one carefully marking up the wires so i knew exactly which ones are which but im now getting no power to the actual holder.

The sidelight and main beam work fine its just the bloody headlight i cant get working.

I tried piggy backing of the nearside light which works but then im assuming Canbus kicks in and turns the lights off. But this is not an ideal solution but im at a loss as to why i had power going to the light then when i change the holder (Which has been tested working) there is no power getting through one bit.

Im proper pulling my hair out over this as i cannot see why when there was power just simply changing the holder would have this effect.

Many thanks for any help

Regards

·
Registered
10 Posts
It Sounds Awfully like an earth fault to me,
Have you belled out the feeds

how did you connect the new holder up to the old wiring?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts