Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am hoping to get some advice? So far I have replaced the clutch and gear box, water pump, rocker cover, coils, camshaft sensor. Yet engine light still comes on sporadically. Sometimes power isn’t great in first and second gear. Sometimes it’s absolutely fine.
I pushed aa patrol man to look further as on this occasion the key wasn’t turning ignition over at all. Patrol man said it was key fault however I didn’t believe this to be the case. He disconnected battery and reconnected and the car started. He looked into faults I will attach a photo.
I managed to drive car home. Patrol man said the amount of faults I am better off getting a new car. Anyone experienced this? Is the patrol man right?
Font Material property Parallel Paper Document
Font Material property Parallel Paper Document

·
Registered
75 Posts
West London
Im currently in yorkshire however come down to nw ldn so can scan it for you when i am back?

also with all the errors you have, have you kept the negative lead off the battery for 30 mins and reconnected to do a soft reset?

Have you also checked for signs of water ingress / corrosion in the uec?

like in this video, the fuseboard comes off with the screws attached, have a look at the pins.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im currently in yorkshire however come down to nw ldn so can scan it for you when i am back?

also with all the errors you have, have you kept the negative lead off the battery for 30 mins and reconnected to do a soft reset?

Have you also checked for signs of water ingress / corrosion in the uec?

like in this video, the fuseboard comes off with the screws attached, have a look at the pins.
Thanks the car is starting again after he disconnected the battery. But it doesn’t have much power in 2nd and 3rd gear. And the engine light is on. Initially it was showing camshaft sensor fault which I had replaced. But after that the aa man found all the faults in the photo. He thinks it could be ecu and said it would be expensive trying to find the route of the problems? Only 74,000 miles on the clock. So frustrating

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks the car is starting again after he disconnected the battery. But it doesn’t have much power in 2nd and 3rd gear. And the engine light is on. Initially it was showing camshaft sensor fault which I had replaced. But after that the aa man found all the faults in the photo. He thinks it could be ecu and said it would be expensive trying to find the route of the problems? Only 74,000 miles on the clock. So frustrating
I wouldnt trust the AA, they said the same to a family friends car who was stuggling to start. plugged in in, a code for ecu came up and told him it was an electric fault. I had a look and told him staright away his ignition switch was at fault. changed and car fine!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Some of the faults youre having can also be due to a weak battery if it is become flat etc. Do one thing, take the negative lead off your battery for 40 mins, then connect it. take it for a drive, then do this pedal test and report what it comes with.

important to take off battery first to remove any old codes stored.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts