Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I HAVE A 55 PLATE OLD SHAPE ZAFIRA 1.6 LIFE.
THE FAN FOR THE HEATER ETC WORKS FINE ON ALL SPEEDS,I CAN HEAR IT BLOWING AWAY BEHIND THE DASH,BUT THERE AINT A LOT OF AIR COMING OUT OF THE VENTS EVEN WHEN FAN IS ON NO.4 SPEED AND WITH ONLY THE CENTER VENTS OPEN.

ANY ONE HAVE ANY IDEAS WHAT MIGHT BE THE PROBLEM?

ANY HELP APPRECIATED.
REGARDS RAY.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Chances are your pollen filter is blocked. It is behind the glove box. Check your Haynes manual it will tell you how to do it. Make sure you tighten all the screws properly otherwise you end up with very annoying dashboard rattles! Drive safely.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure it will be the pollen filter, my wife's Zafira B has developed the same fault, filter OK but heater direction controls not working. Main dealer has quoted anything between £350-£1000 to fix. Apparently we should "expect this with an old 55 Regd vehicle!"

At this rate thiswill be the last Vauxhall I buy, only light at the end of the tunnel is the problem may be the control linkage under the drivers side of the dash, just can't see how to get the trim off at the moment.

Any advice welcome

Cheers
Cessna

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

Thanks for encouragement, found the following thread on Vauxhall Owners club, very useful!
http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?187456-Zafira-B-Air-Distribution-Fault/page2
Total time for fix (allowing for being really careful not to break plastic trims)2 hrs. Our main dealer who had looked at the car to provide a repair estimate quoted:

2-3 hrs strip down, parts and labour for repair + 2-3 hrs to reassemble total approx £560+vat plus parts...complete rip off!!

This is apparently a very common fault on "B's" not sure if the same applies to "A" model (but wouldn't be surprised).

Will be writing a letter of complaint to the dealer principal copied into Vauxhal customer services.

Regards
Cessna01

·
Registered
1 Posts
First time Newbie!!!!! I have a 56 plate zafira which had to have the fan motor replacing, the pain has washed the price away but I got it done at an independent auto electrics place near where I live, Vauxhall will charge the earth. Good Luck

·
Registered
4 Posts
Usually theDiods in the fan motor need replacing any good auto electricion will sort this problem Dont go to a dealer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts