Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. My 57 Zaf had that **** fault of no horn (at all), the horn turned radio up and thumb wheel volume control was sporadic. Was told to replace entire CIM!

All I did to fix it was...disconnect negative terminal at battery. Carefully prize out the Airbag unit (push a flat headed screw driver in each small hole at back of steering wheel). I didn't take it out, just lifted out and rested on the wheel. Then moved the thumb wires to sides and dropped/pushed airbag back in. Reconnect battery...BEEP BEEP. Hasn't stopped since and radio thumb wheels all work. The airbag was squashing the wires that were simply sat underneath the airbag unit. Time: a good 10mins, Cost: Zero, Reflief: Priceless lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well done mate. Good to hear of a fix that costs nothing :)

When I was in the Vectra-C forum we had multiple post about strange happenings with radios, horns, electric window modules. All sorts really.

Virtually every first reply was to disconnect the battery and leave for at least an hour for all the capacitors to discharge.

Once reconnected nearly all problems disappeared

I had it myself with my volume wheel all of a sudden changing how up and down volume worked. Basically in the opposite directions to as designed.

Battery disconnected then reconnected after 60 mins and all was well. Did another 80k miles and no sign of it returning.

Could have been the wires being squashed but my money is on the power disconnect.

At least you can now par take in road rage videos honking all un-sundry lol :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A tap on the horn is a lot more 'acceptable' than coarse language...espesh with my kids in the car haha. Never been one to just give to a garage and say 'sort that' without having a look/go myself first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys can anyone help me iv a 09 mkb zafira and its been sat a few months not used. I tool it out yesterday and the spanner light came on. when doing the pedal test the ecn codes is 218217. I believe this may relate to the coolamt temp sensory can anyone confirm this and if so help me on locations of the sensor as theirs no vids I can find on you tube to fix it myself.

also is it safe to drive for the short time until I can infact fix I.. many thanks a newbie to the page lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well done mate. Good to hear of a fix that costs nothing :)

When I was in the Vectra-C forum we had multiple post about strange happenings with radios, horns, electric window modules. All sorts really.

Virtually every first reply was to disconnect the battery and leave for at least an hour for all the capacitors to discharge.

Once reconnected nearly all problems disappeared

I had it myself with my volume wheel all of a sudden changing how up and down volume worked. Basically in the opposite directions to as designed.

Battery disconnected then reconnected after 60 mins and all was well. Did another 80k miles and no sign of it returning.

Could have been the wires being squashed but my money is on the power disconnect.

At least you can now par take in road rage videos honking all un-sundry lol :)
Hi, I tried disconnecting the battery and for a short while the horn worked.... but then stopped again. Any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts