Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have had my 03 zafira 4 months now and it has developed a problem. On motorway driving/running down long hills in high gear the car starts to splutter occasionally. If i have accelerate it will ofter clear but if i'm coming to a stopthe dash board lights come on and the engine stalls. After a few minutes i can get it going again. I think the problem MIGHT be getting worse and its dangerous. I've taken it to the garage and the only logged fault was a lambda oxygen sensor which has been replaced but the problem has not gone away. I have read elsewhere that EGR Valve faults can cause stalling. What are peoples opinions? Please help as my garage seems rubbish at finding the problem

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Remove and thoroughly clean out the throttle body. Make sure to clean the 2 breather holes. One of them is pin size and probably completely covered in gunk that u wont know its there until u get the inside of the body clean.
Any more details just ask.

·
Registered
3 Posts
as above clean the thortle body and make sure you clean the idle control valve which bolts on to the side of the throttle body.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts