Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im here changing my f17 gearbox in my 1.8 petrol zafi for another one was going really well untill i got to the middle subframe bolts and their captive nuts that sit in a welded bracket in a open recess off the chassis leg (luckily). I started to undo the bolts they had come most of the way out until they went tight this resulted in the brackets beiing splayed apart and the nuts just spining in the widened bracket.

Solution. I chiseled the brackets off and managed to get mole grips on the captive nut one un did and one span in the grips so the still spinning one i put anut splitter on and did it up untill it had nearly sheared through but not quite the put the ratchet back on then with slow constant pressuer it came undone.

Issue i have is i cant afford to nor can i weld so was wondering if i could just use a normal nut and bolt maybe high tennsion
  1. Any thoughts and suggetsions would be very help full also any links you could provide cheers
    Polish_20200609_183504830.jpg
    IMG-20200609-WA0000.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
What did you do in the end just used a nut and bolt with some washers ect as I'm thinking of doing the same as the nut end is very rusty and was thinkling of just replacing with a nut and bolt of the same length with some washers?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts