Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents and ladies.
Owning a Zafira b I thought it would be easy to install and after market stereo. On a Zafira c. How wrong was I. When you need to cut the bar to install a double din my heat sank. So I need some advice I don’t want to ruin my new car so I have a cd 400 I need to install Bluetooth I don’t want to do the dealer stealer if I can avoid it. So my options are to upgrade to maybe a navi unit or have Bluetooth fitted retrospectively I have seen some bit that people do. So any advice welcomed and does anyone know anyone in Essex can do so the retro installation more than happy to pay for someone who ones how and what they are doing. And or suggest a navi for. 2013 Zafira c and install that which I am assuming will need coding.
thanks for listening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi - saw your post while looking for something else and thought I'd share my experience with my (previous) Zafira C, 2015 reg. I fitted a Kenwood DMX7017DABS head unit and yes...I had to cut the bar. It didn't matter in the slightest 👍🏾
It's plastic and I would say intended to support the shape of the original kit.

I got the adaptors for the car's loom from dynamicsounds.co.uk - the Connects2 stuff. I also got the Infodapter to retain car data and display on the new unit (recommended)...finally, also fitted a reversing camera.

Car's now sold, but I used that set up for 2 years with no bother. I would choose a different head unit if doing again, but only because I like volume dials - so the Sony XAV range has a few options there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
So I need some advice I don’t want to ruin my new car so I have a cd 400 I need to install Bluetooth I don’t want to do the dealer stealer if I can avoid it.
.....did the dealer say how much it is to reprogram the cd400 so Bluetooth works? ...drives me insane that the buttons are there but the radio is not programmed to use them :mad:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts