Vauxhall Zafira Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there iam just making everyone know to stay away from the 57 plate and later model zafira vxr,,,
my wife wanted the vxr modelas its the best looking mpvaround at the moment,,,,so with that we bought 2008-08 plate from her auncle with 32,000 miles and full vauxhall historywho bought it from brand new paying£27500 with many extras, we puchased it on7-5-11and payed£11750 and what great mpv we thought it was,it had the recall for the maniofold studs to be replace as theybreaking over time whenher auncleowned it, then last week we noticed a blowing from what we thought was the manifold gasket and me being a bmw mechanic decide to replace the gasket as you do,, so got the gasket from vauxhall and started to carry the work out, once removing the heat sheild there where two cracks about 2in long on the manifoldand thought oh well lets get it off and i shall get them weilded, after about 2hours i got it all off with the turbo still intacted, i then turned the manifold up side down and right there before my eyes there another four cracks on the manifold making it six in total then i thought theres no way you canweild six,,,no way,,,,,i decided to ring vauxhall for a price on a new manifold (as i warrenty had run out3months ago,,,,unreal) and the parts man told me the turbo and manifold was only sold as one unit and i was like sorry mate it cant be as i had the turbo in one hand and the manifold in me other,,, so in end after i little argument i put the phonedownbecause they wanted £789 for the whole unit, with that i took the manifold in to work to show my colleges at bmw the manifold and after much discusion it is a manerfactures fault in casting these when made,,,,,,,so stay away from the late zafira vxr and astra's,,,,,,iam going to take this matter further with vauxhallas this should have been a recallto put theproblem right on the models as there is some forum with other owners with the same problem, please reply as ineed as much info as possible to take this to vauxhall, thanks for listing

·
Registered
98 Posts
Had a similar prob on my 1.0 Corsa 3 years ago. AA diagnosed the blowing exhaust as the manifold straight away along with a elec prob causing my engine to stall (crank sensor in the end but cost £500 as they though it was the ECU, nothing new!). Anyway, took it into VX for a major service and stated I wanted the exhaust manifold changing no expense spared. Got it back same day and it was still blowing. They said that 4 techs plus their chief looked it over and found nothing. Took the manifold off myself and found 4 cracks 2 inches in length. Amazing what they want to find and what they dont need to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts